Diversity, EDI & Innovation, Does it Mean What You Think?
Co-hosts of (Ex)clusion podcast, Marcie Hawranik & Alicia Bjarnason lead Canadian Equality Consulting & Bjarg Consulting, respectively. We chat equity, diversity & inclusion (EDI) in organizations – what it means, how it supports innovation, better workplaces & policies & the unequal impact of the pandemic.
More from Marcie & Alicia in this episode:
- Defining diversity – why it means different things to different people
- Why diversity on its own isn’t enough & why inclusion is critical to realizing its benefits
- How EDI benefits innovation & creativity in organizations
- How Marcie & Alicia work on EDI with organizations
- GBA+ (gender based analysis+) in integrating gender & other forms of diversity into program & policy design; what it is & why it’s important
- The business case or the moral case; which of the two or both are needed to truly move the dial on EDI?
- The pandemic & unequal impacts
- Where we are on EDI in our region
- What (Ex)clusion podcast is about & what you can find out from it
Some resources mentioned in this podcast:
How Diversity Can Drive Innovation – Hewlett, Marshall & Sherbin
McKinsey report The Power of Parity
Thanks to Zapsplat.com for music in this episode.