New Kinds of Work
Diane Mulcahy wrote the best-seller, “The Gig Economy”. She’s also a business writer, speaker, venture capital & private equity advisor & consultant who teaches on the gig economy at Babson College in Boston. She chats on what the gig economy is about & developing a career as an independent worker at a time when traditional careers aren’t traditional anymore.
More from Diane in this episode:
- who works in the gig economy & why it crosses all income levels & industry sectors
- portfolio careers & the steps to create one
- how career thinking needs to change & the mindset shifts needed
- how side gigs can help identify next steps, make connections & learn critical information about new fields
- creative ways to network & why it’s about much more than new opportunities
- planning & managing finances in the gig economy
You can find more about Diane’s work and her book on her website.
Thanks to ZapSplat.com for sound effects in this episode.