Thinking Global Scale
Mark Philpott left a global corporate career at DHL to work in social enterprise & philanthropy. Along the way, he’s been a pro tennis player, a triathlete, created film & relocated to a boat. He chats on the value of cross-pollinating skills between worlds of work & life, thinking big & continually adding to his skillset.
More from Mark in this episode:
- How he came to start his podcast, the Global Travel Channel & what it’s about
- A project to sail the Great Loop, an approximately 6000 mile continuous waterway through the US and Canada
- Minimalist living on a boat
- Reinventing, applying & learning new skills for different worlds
- Why you don’t need to reinvent the wheel; you need to talk to someone who’s already done it & knows the best ways
- Why success doesn’t always look the way you think
- Why he thinks & develops projects with global scale & markets in mind
Thanks to ZapSplat.com for sound effects in this episode.