Mario Rigby walked from South Africa to Egypt. He’s an explorer who tells us about realising big dreams, big adventures & crossing continents. Mario advocates for diversity & inclusion in the outdoors & shares on his African walk, his Canadian bike ride & what’s coming next.
More from Mario in this episode:
- How an adventurous childhood in the Turks & Caicos islands, Germany & Canada inspired a love of exploration
- The most unexpected and surprising things he learned on his 2.5 year walk along the eastern length of Africa
- The role of Black Panther in his journey
- The hardest part of cycling unsupported from the Pacific to the Atlantic across Canada with a tent
- Listening to Indigenous stories on his cross-country trip
- Finding a purpose and leaning into it
- Climate change and driving through Africa in an electric car
Connect with Mario here.
Thanks to ZapSplat.com for sound effects in this episode.