Creating the Future
How can science fiction help create more positive futures? Ari Popper, CEO & founder of SciFutures, talks about how his company helps large organizations innovate products, services & businesses through science fiction prototyping. Ari chats on how the company came to be & the importance of taking smart career risks to do something new.
More from Ari in this episode:
- Why science fiction is a great tool for innovation
- How sci-fi helps overcome traditional barriers to innovation
- The companies that draw on SciFutures’ work & their projects
- Coming up with the idea for SciFutures & turning a creative interest into a company
- Why science & tech are important for sci-fi innovation but culture may be even more important
- What keeps him up at night with respect to the near future
- Why the next short while could be a key inflection point for humans & tech like AI
Thanks to ZapSplat.com for sound effects in this episode.